ECO JOURNEY – TAMBOPATA RAINFOREST
Combine culture and nature with a trip including the Peruvian Rainforest near Cusco.
Start in the coast with Lima, our capital city. Then travel to the high Andes, where you will visit Cuzco and Machu Picchu.
You will end your journey with a taste of the rainforest, immersing yourself in a lodge at Puerto Maldonado to discover the unique Peruvian flora and fauna.
Your lodge will be located at the Tambopata Reserve, composed of 274,690 hectares (1,060.6 square miles) of lowland Amazonian rainforest, riverine forest, and oxbow lakes. This reserve play host to over 1,000 species of butterflies, more than 100 species of mammals, around 600 species of birds, and hundreds of species of trees and plants.
- Day 01: International arrival in Lima.
- Day 02: Lima City Tour.
- Day 03: Flight to Cusco.
- Day 04: Cusco City Tour.
- Day 05: Sacred Valley Tour.
- Day 06: Machu Picchu guided tour.
- Day 07: Second visit to Machu Picchu, climb Huayna Picchu.
- Day 08: Flight to Puerto Maldonado. Boat trip to the lodge.
- Day 09: Activities at the lodge. Enjoy of the Rainforest, learn about nature!
- Day 10: Activities at the lodge. Explore further, meet local communities.
- Day 11: Last day at the Rainforest. Travel back to Lima.
- Day 12: International departure day.
This program is 100% customizable. Ask your travel advisors for any modification you need. We are happy to tailor every program to Peru according to your needs and likes.
Looking to sail on the Amazon River? Take a look at our Explore the Amazon Jungle program.
Destinations: Lima, Cuzco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and the Rainforest – Tambopata. Reserve at Puerto Maldonado (4 days).
Length: 12 days/11 nights
Departure dates: daily
Minimum: 1 passenger
Operating season: all year