INCA EMPIRE & LAKE TITICACA
This trip covers Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca as the main destinations and it’s one of our most popular tours.
You will start your journey in Lima, Peru’s capital city.
Then, fly over the Andean mountains to feel the magic and energy of Cuzco. This is a city that’ll impress you with its pretty combination of colonial and Inca-inspired architecture. Check out the markets, artisan-style shops and see if you can taste the difference between Peru’s 3,000 potato varieties!
Next, you will take a full-day guided tour in the Sacred Valley to learn about Inca civilisation and the ruins that remain plus the quaint tongue-twister town of Ollantaytambo.
Board the train and wind your way through impressive scenery to Aguas Calientes. Enjoy a guided tour of Machu Picchu and the climb up to Huayna Picchu before returning to Cuzco.
Travel by bus through the altiplano to Puno, which sits on the shore of Lake Titicaca. The spectacular scenery provides more than ample reward.
Last but not least, take a boat trip to the floating islands of Uros and then to the island of Taquile. You’ll visit the locals with their handmade crafts and famous textiles, to experience their unique culture and way of life.
On this tour you will have the chance to explore the Andes and see amazing landscapes!.
- Day 01: Arrival in Lima.
- Day 02: Lima city tour.
- Day 03: Flight to Cusco and city tour.
- Day 04: Sacred Valley tour: Pisac Market, Ruins and Ollantaytambo.
- Day 05: Train to Machu Picchu and guided tour.
- Day 06: Second visit to Machu Picchu: climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain.Day
- Day 07: Visit Maras & Moray.
- Day 08: Bus journey to Puno.
- Day 09: Visit the Lake Titicaca: Uros Islands and Llachon.
- Day 10: Flight back to Lima and free afternoon.
- Day 11: International flight back home.
Looking for a shorter program? Take a look at our Discover: Machu Picchu & Lake Titicaca program!
Destinations: Lima, Cuzco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Puno and Titicaca Lake.
Length: 11 days/10 nights
Departure dates: daily
Minimum: 02 passengers - Single supplement added in case of 01 traveler.
Operating season: all year